October 16, 2011

Gotta cut loose, Footloose!




In 1984 a movie called "Footloose" came out with Kevin Bacon. I was around 7 years old at the time. For some reason my mom thought this show was ok for a child to see. Little did she know that this show would be a huge party of who I am. The tape (Soundtrack) came out and I got it. I spent many hours dancing up and down our dirt driveway with my tape player on my shoulder, to "Footloose." I made my babysitter watch me over and over dance and then judge me on my talent. I love music and I love to dance and this movie is the reason why.

Now in 2011 the remake has come out. I have not seen this movie yet and do not know when I will go. I am torn to go or not to go? It is getting good reviews which surprised me. I was afraid it was going to be bad and would hurt my feelings and memories to the original movie. Then my sister called tonight and said she just went to the new movie and loved it. She feels it was better than the first. She loved Willard and Ren. Really? Can anyone be better than Kevin Bacon?

Who to see it with? Girlfriends? Trevor? The eye candy of Julianne Hough has to be better than Lori Singer, but can anyone be better at Rusty than Sarah Jessica Parker?

I know I must go and get these butterfly feelings out of my stomach. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'll watch you dance over and over hot mama! Hell...I'll babysit you too! wink wink

mishas,

Flash!