


By now you all know Ben was born on Thursday, February 19th, 2009. I made it to my official c-section date thanks to bed rest. Our Benjamin Douglas was 9 lbs 11 ounces and 20 inches long. He has the thickest, softest, most beautiful, black hair. He is a good baby and loves to eat, eat, eat. He gets up every 2 hours about at night and eats 2-3 ounces per feeding. He makes the cutest noises and faces. I love how he laughs and smiles in his sleep. I love how he sings when he is content or happy to have a bottle. Am I bragging too much about how cute my boy is? I am so in love with him! Ella loves him too. She gives him tons of kisses everyday and loves to hold him. My mom is here for 10 days and has really been a huge help. She cleans, does the laundry, cleans some more, makes us cookies, cleans some more, and loves to help with Ben. She usually takes the 2 am feeding and allows me to nap during the day. Ben loves her. We call her "the baby whisperer." She has always been able to calm down any baby and makes us so comfortable when we don't know what to do or over react about something. My mom now has me hooked on "The Biggest Loser," one show I did not watch or need to add to my list. Mom will be missed when she leaves but we know she will need to rest from all the help she has given us. It has been a good first week. I'm recovering faster than with Ella, but know I will be tired when I'm on my own next week. I haven't even played one game of Pac-Man this week. Ella has gone to Kathy's a few days this week and will continue to go a few days every week.
2 comments:
He is a beautiful boy! It was great to see all of you earlier this week - I might need to come over and pet him again soon!
Stop by anytime and pet him. He loves his head rubbed.
Post a Comment